Deputy Kevin lewis
Wednesday 16th May
St. Saviour’s Parish Hall
8am – 8pm
Status: Married to Isabella. He has one daughter, Elli, one grandson,
Career: 1980-1989co-ordinator for the filming of the BBC series
Bergerac. Location Managed liaison between BBC production and Jersey’s
authorities. . committee member of the jersey blind society
1985 – 2004: Managing Director of the Cine Centre Cinema.
2005 – 2008: Managing Director of New Forum Cinema (the old Odeon).
2005 – 2011: States Member, Assistant Minister for T.T.S.
2011- 2014 Minister TTS
2014 – present corporate services scrutiny, PPC.
- For 25 years Kevin has also run the highly successful Jersey Film Festival in HowardDavis Park, raising significant funds for charities, including: Jersey Hospice, Headway, Great Ormond Street Hospital and many other worthy causes.
- In his spare time he has been restoring an ex-army amphibious truck which he took to Tewkesbury Gloucestershire to help out in the big floods.
- Kevin is a committee member of the jersey blind society
- I am at present working on a safer routes to school scheme
- I will work for greater pedestrian safety and control speeding.
- I have arranged the removal of toxic ash from jersey to uk for treatment and disposal.
- I will strive to maintain our health and social services and make sure pensions are protected.
Immigration / Regulations and Undertakings
I believe that we must assist growing business by applying a system that governs controlled recruitment.
However, we must also take care of the current population. A careful balance must be achieved if we are to
preserve our quality of life, therefore immigration must be controlled.
I am concerned that the Island should prioritise the needs of the less well-off and first time buyers. This means
the provision of social housing and affordable properties for first time buyers.
I fully support policies which encourage growth in the finance industry, in order to protect the tax revenues.
Our farmers have to compete against European Community farmers who receive large subsidies. We have
farmers with good ideas who are diversifying and looking into niche markets. They need all our support to
enable them to compete and our beautiful countryside to be sustained.
Jersey’s environment is our most important asset. It affects everyone; locals and visitors alike. We must recycle.
We must minimise our waste. We all have to take responsibility and plan for the future. We need green lanes,
not green beaches!
The number of senior citizens is projected to increase as people live longer. I will make provisions that enable
our senior citizens to live comfortably and safely.
I have campaigned tirelessly with others for the introduction of an insurance scheme for people in later years,
to ensure they won’t be forced to sell their homes, should one of the partners succumb to long term medical care.
I was instrumental in the re-introduction of the Double Decker Buses.
The Future Hospital
The future Hospital must be in the right place, we do not have a bottomless pit of money. The original plans the hospital was far too high and intrusive, we need a Hospital that is fit for purpose